In four days my family and I will travel to bring Hristiyan home and I couldn't be more excited (or scared. lol) Unfortunately we have ran into a few small unexpected issues ... It seems there was recently a situation where a child was brought home with TB and it is now being required that all children undergo a TB test at their visa medical. Because of the already tight schedule and the wait to receive test results it is now necessary for a two week trip. :( While my son's country is a beautiful place I am really anxious to get him home and get our family into a comfortable routine so we can get to know each other without the stress of travel and the exhaustion that comes with it. This also adds a significant financial burden, besides the cost of rooms there is the cost of eating out every meal, transportation and having an attendant. I know God will take care of it all but it's a little stressful for a planner like myself when the devil is playing around and throwing wrenches.
I started packing last night and it’s a mess. I don't know how much he will take from his foster home with him with so I’ve pretty much packed every piece of clothing I’ve bought for him that isn't shorts and a t-shirt. So far the weather says we are looking at mostly the low 70’s during the day and 40’s at night hopefully it stays that way because my wardrobe doesn’t have consist of a lot of sweaters. I’ve got to do some shopping tonight to stock up on medicine incase Hristiyan gets ill from all of the stress and pick up a portable DVD player so he can get started learning some English hopefully this can help keep us occupied.
We’ve booked rooms at the Best Western Europe in Sofia and I’m nervous to see how the rooms are. It’s hard to find reviews you trust but it didn’t seem too bad and they have a good free breakfast so that takes care of the cost of one of the daily meals. I’ll be sure to update with a review on the hotel for anyone who may one day need the info.
I've been researching like crazy to find ways to keep him busy on the long flight home but nothing I’ve found seems to be anything of genius. I need as much prayer and advice as any of you can give because I’m nervous as all get out. The thought of my son being stuck in a hotel room for almost a full 2 weeks just to be put on a plane for over 16 hours is enough to make a new mom VERY nervous. lol
All in all I’m very happy and crazy nervous and I can’t wait to get my new life started. And I’m not kidding about the prayers if any of you pray we all need a ton of them =) I’ll do my best to keep you updated while we are gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment