Saturday, September 14, 2013

How My Daughter-In-Law Is Changing Me

With all of my reading on parenting lately I’ve learned that as mothers we influence our sons’ lives so significantly that we will mold them into the husbands they will become and teach them what to search for in a bride (the same is true for fathers with their daughters.) This is both wonderful and terrifying all at the same time. The fact that the depth of love I show my son will be something he seeks from the woman he will call his wife, is something that couldn’t be more pleasing. I adore my son and I feel such love for him that if his wife loves him half as much then I am the luckiest mother-in-law in the world.   
What’s the problem then?? Well isn’t it obvious, I love that boy way too much to hand him over to someone like me. I’m not good enough, ARE YOU CRAZY!! That means she’s going to be moody and controlling and indecisive and OMG she’s going to be a know it all. She’s going to think she’s never wrong, my son will be lucky if he’s allowed to have an opinion at all! I need help to pray this crazy woman away!!
Who knew I was so scary, it’s no wonder im still single! Lol
What is the solution? My future daughter-in-law is going to help me be the best wife and mother I can possibly be and she is going to save my future husband a lot of heartache. Every time I think of how I want my boy to be supported and encouraged, she will teach me to lift up my husband and stand by him through his successes and failures. When I look at the picture I’m painting for my son’s future wife I will see better the love my spouse deserves and do my best to be worthy of his commitment to me. Every time I think of the appreciation I want her to have for him it will remind me to stop and tell my husband how thankful I am God brought him into my life. Whenever I think of how I want a happy family life for him she will teach me to spend more time at the dinner table and less at the drive thru. My daughter-in-law is pretty amazing.
So what does your child’s potential spouse look like? My prayer is you make her beautiful inside and out, that you make him a man who couldn’t be more loyal to your daughter, that she supports your son and makes him a better man and that he shows your daughter more love than any one person can handle. I pray they make you fiercely proud of the job you’ve done and that you praise God for them every day!

2 comments:

  1. It's soooo hard to believe how much you have grown already, since God has directed you down this path. It's going to be amazing to watch how much all of our lives are about to change. I'm so proud of the woman you have become and can't wait to see the mother that God is creating you to be. I love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☺ Thank you momma! I learned from the best 😜 I love you!

      Delete